Do you own your own business? If so, make sure your Linkedin profile includes a company page for it, providing an overview of your business and a description of your products and services.
How do you know if you already have a business page?
When looking at your profile (in the navigation menu at the top, click on profile):
- Your company name should be hyperlinked
- If you have a business logo, it should appear to the right of your business title and company name
- When you hover over the company name or logo, a window should pop open that provides a brief description of your business. That window should look like this:
If you do not have that small box indicating that you have a page for your business, no worries! It’s very easy to build a company page.
Here are two things you’ll need to make sure are in place first:
- You have an email address with a domain that is unique to the company
- That email address is confirmed for your Linkedin Account**
Once you have that company email address and it is confirmed as part of your Linkedin account, here are the steps for creating your Company Page
- In the menu across the top of the LinkedIn page, click on “Companies”
- Click on “Add a Company” (upper right corner of page)
- Step through the questions to create your page